There are many lovely porch corners, sunny docks, and secluded spots all over RDC where you might read a book, relax or meditate to your heart's content, but if you are in the mood to run, hike, sail, swim, fish, play games or participate in a mini-triathlon-- well, we've got all of that waiting for you, and more.
- Hiking: We lead half-day hikes in the Squam Lakes Region and more strenuous full-day hikes in the White Mountains.
- Softball: On Sunday afternoons, we play family softball on the ball field. The pace picks up a bit at the employee vs. guest game on Wednesdays.
- Tennis: There are eight clay (Har-Tru) tennis courts at RDC for guest use. We also run a number of tennis tournaments and round robins open
toall interested guests.
- Boat Tours: Learn about the environment and history of Squam Lake on a cruise aboard our pontoon boat each Monday and Wednesday afternoon.
- Loon Island Picnics: Six to twelve year olds are invited to swim, play, and enjoy a cook out on Loon Island for lunch on Tuesday. Tuesday evenings on the island are reserved for adults.
- Capture the Flag: Monday night isn't the same without the traditional game on the ball field for those under twenty. Parents may play with children under five.
- Wee Campers Program is available for 3-6 year old children Monday thru Friday from 9:30 a.m. to noon. This is a relaxed and well-supervised morning playgroup.
- Talent Show: On some Thursday nights, guests and employees are invited to share their talents in our bi-weekly talent show. Read a poem! Dance a jig! Play the tuba!
- Square Dances: Friday night square dances are an old tradition at RDC and are not to be missed!
- Wacky Canoe Races: On Thursdays, the Wacky Canoe Races offer boating fun for the whole family. Bring your canoe or rent one from RDC and compete in wacky races such as: the standing canoe race, hand paddling, or the classic switch-places-with-your-partner-when-the-horn-blows.
- Pinehurst Classic 5K Road Race starts on the ball field on most Thursday afternoons. Run or walk for your health, a little competition, or simply for fun!
- Environmental Education: Join the staff from the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center for an informative walk into RDC´s natural environment. Tuesday morning walks are geared toward children, while the Thursday walks are planned with adults in mind.
- Teens: Special activities such as a boat trip to "jumping rock", rock climbing at the Rock Barn, and other extravaganzas are offered. Check out our sample list of activities offered most weeks called the Sneak-A-Peek!
- Vespers: On Sunday evenings, we offer you a chance to enjoy and reflect on the beauty of your surroundings with readings and popular hymns. We invite you to bring a reading along to the outdoor location at Flagstaff Point.
- Other Activities: You may also look forward to mini-triathlons, bicycle tours, scavenger hunts, evening presentations, movies, parades, tie-dying and much, much more.
- Babysitting / Childcare: If you are in need of a babysitter, please contact your housekeeper or fill out a babysitting slip and post it on the bulletin board in either summer office to see if an off-duty staff person will be available. Off-duty employees are often eager to earn extra money.